Total Pageviews

Friday 26 November 2010

Snow blues

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Can snow be blue? Yes, I think so.

After Wednesday night's two and a half hour fiasco ice-dancing my way back home after the police shut the main roads back to Banchory, it was a no-brainer to stay at home yesterday. I did get up at the usual time this morning, however and drove to work. It seemed there was a bit of a thaw on - certainly the snow just fell off my car this morning - it wasn't frozen on. Deeside roads were still a little white, but Aberdeen roads were black and there thankfully didn't appear to be any ice around.

There have been snow flurries today, however, and I won't be waiting around too long before I head west again. I've printed off our boarding passes for our flights to London tomorrow and I hope we manage to make it OK.

Yesterday, I did some work at home but a lot of the day was spent tele-watching - golf, cricket, some old Mad Men episodes, Corrie and, later on, the final episodes of The Wire. That's us seen all 5 series now - some 60 odd episodes - and it was really interesting - very gritty, but the character portraits were fascinating. My favourites were Omar (the gun-toting assassin) and Bubs (the down and out junkie). Both found their own redemption in the end - Omar met his end the way he lived his life, but Bubs got clean and was welcomed back in to his family.

Anyway, enough for now - best head home before we get any more snow.

No comments:

Blog Archive