Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 December 2009

On to the vernal equinox

We're now past the Winter Solstice - the days are now officially lengthening again - although it hardly seems like it with this wintry weather all around. Only 3 months now until the Vernal Equinox!

The Solstice was also my Dad's birthday - he would have been 89. Never quite made it to his 90th year.

Which do you prefer - last year's tree (left) or this year's (right):






















This morning's travel was fun again. This time, the snow had fallen on Deeside and the roads around Banchory were pretty tricky. I was supposed to be in Fraserburgh and had got up earlier than usual to make sure I could get there. After slithering up Mount St and Ramsay Road, I decided it would be unwise to take the cross country route and so I headed straight in on the North Deeside road to Aberdeen. I was delighted to see that, unlike yesterday, the roads in the city were clear. I was doubly delighted when I discovered that a lot of commuters had obviously started their holidays early or were heeding the advice of the police not to travel unless their journey was absolutely essential. I breezed through the city and from there northwards the snow diminished until I arrived in the Broch, which didn't have a drop of snow!

We got our turkey today so we're slowly getting there. Jo's been really busy in the kitchen - she made lasagne for tea - lovely - and some mince pies too - really nice.

Still the Christmas cards to put up - and, of course, the clocks! Watch this space.

No comments:

Blog Archive