Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 February 2009

Troublesome travel

What a waste of a morning! Headed off for Fraserburgh at 7 am this morning - travel OK until I got nearer Kintore/Inverurie and encountered a virtual white-out. I decided it wasn't wise to carry on my journey so I stopped off at Gary and Carole's. Gary was heading off in his 4 wheel drive to Dyce, but an hour later he'd only got as far as Kintore (3 miles away) - the dual carriageway ahead was gridlocked - cars couldn't get up either side of Tyrebagger hill. Gary headed home and another hour later he made it.

Just after 11 am, the snow relented a little and I decided to try the roads again. Should I try to get back to Banchory, or should I try to get to Fraserburgh (where there was no snow)? I drove gingerly to Oldmeldrum then on towards Methlick and then started to think twice - by the time I would get to Fraserburgh (if at all) I would have to turn back again. Finding somewhere to turn the car round was tricky but I finally managed it and got home at lunchtime. Deeside was fine - the roads were black - but the lunchtime TV news showed the problems around Inverurie and north of there.

Anyway, no sign of Jo here - she had a hairdresser's appointment this morning but it's after pm now and she's still not back. Ross was here however - asleep in his bed, still fully dressed! Just home for a lunchtime nap, he said! Chancer!

No comments:

Blog Archive