Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 February 2009

My day in Glasgow

The train arrived in good time and I picked up a cab to take me to the Erskine Glasgow home - I was first there and got a cup of tea and a biscuit for my troubles - one of the staff said I looked like I had travelled a long way - but she was a little surprised when I told her that she was dead right! When Barry arrived she handed us a nice photo they had taken of Dad at Christmas:


The 6 month review went OK - Dad's dementia is obviously getting worse and basically he can't do anything himself now, but he's happy enough and the staff like him and say he's no bother at all. The only potential issue was his weight loss - he was down to 67 kgs - a drop of 3kgs in a month. He doesn't eat much and they will get the dietician to see him.
Dawn also asked them to keep trying to get him to go out for short walks - and we did that ourselves afterwards:

He looks a little stressed but he was OK. Note newly blonde - and still limping - Dawn.
Dawn dropped me off in the city centre and I walked around a bit and spotted the office where I began my training in 1965 - indentured apprenticeship they used to call it - and it really was Dickensian. Note the small round window at the top of the building - that's where I worked before I went to Glasgow University:


It was rather sad to see the entrance was all blocked up - obviously some kind of development is planned:



I had a meeting at HSBC in West Nile St and I passed through Dury Lane and the famous old Horseshoe pub on the way there - and, no I didn't go in!:


That was my very civilised day and I arrived home in the early evening, refreshed and not feeling tired after a long drive.

No comments:

Blog Archive