Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 December 2008

Wet Saturday

Feels like Cornwall here today - warm and wet (didn't I warn you, Kelly/Craig?). I'm up, showered, shaved and dressed - I've even been down to the village for a stroll with Jo - we "posted" our Banchory Xmas cards at the West church and picked up stamps for the rest - job well done.

My quarterly crate of bottle conditioned beers arrived from CAMRA today - 20 of them, but Colin's going to take half off my hands. No Cornish ones this time, but an interesting selection nonetheless:

Do you think this will persuade Craig and Kelly to come up here over the holidays? Jo received her free Flybe flight voucher today so that's both of us got one now. I've given Kelly the choice of us using them to fly down there or, if we can, let them use them and fly up here.

I'm certainly not ready for squash yet - Keith phoned to ask me - so I've agreed to meet him at the Douglas to watch a bit of the Spurs - Man U match at 5:30 this evening instead. Jo's going to a Carol concert tonight.

I noticed that Jo's bought sandpaper and varnish - the bench that was out the back is now in the utility room - you can hardly get in there now. She's obviously planning to spruce the bench up - strange considering I did offer to get Davie the painter from our work back to do it, but there you go. By coincidence, I heard a snippet of Danny Baker and Zoe Ball's radio show this morning and they were featuring great unfinished domestic jobs - could this be a contender?

The Xmas tree has now been at the front door, still in its wrapping, since Tuesday. Maybe Jo was waiting for me to get better to put it up?

If I'd been better, I would have gone to Pittodrie today, but it's as well I wasn't tempted as the damp wouldn't have done me any good. Gary couldn't make it, and Ross was trying to get Thomas to go with him, but couldn't get hold of him yesterday. I'll have to make do with a trip to Dundee next Saturday to see the Jags - the first time this season.

Ross is now off work for 3 whole weeks - a combination of holidays due plus statutory days off and office shut-downs for the holiday. Strangely, he observed normal hours last night - in bed by 9:00 pm and up by 9:00 am this morning!

No comments:

Blog Archive