Total Pageviews

Friday 5 December 2008

Friday - busy, busy, busy

Still no snow, but some rain on top of ice on the back roads could be dangerous. No problems on main roads or in Aberdeen.


I thought yesterday would seem like a long day to me, being at home and with no time wasted in the car - but it slipped by fairly quickly. In the evening, we managed to completely catch up with our backlog of Little Dorrits - an intriguing tale and one that's got our resident Poirot/Sherlock foxed for now - if you know the story, don't tell her!


I went to the optician and got the all-clear again on the glaucoma tests - I've been getting annual tests done for years because Mum had glaucoma. All Scots also now get free two year eye tests, so that was also done yesterday. She said she could tweak my prescription a little on my distance (driving) glasses, and she asked again why, as both prescriptions are only minor ones (0.5/0.75 + 1.50 for near), I didn't go for varifocals - I said I'd done that before and didn't like them much, but we'll see - I might try again some time.


Playing footy again tonight - it's normally at the Beach, but it's not available, so it's outdoors at Goals - brrrr! From there, it's straight off to Dave's for a headbang.


Spare a thought for Jo and Mary - their Mum would have been 86 today. I like this photo from our trip to Spain in 1999:

No comments:

Blog Archive