Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 November 2015

Weight

Jo's been trying to lose a bit of the weight she - and me - gained in USA, and this morning, she was pleased because she passed a significant threshold. Good work girl!

Measuring your weight can at times be a difficult - and occasionally depressing - thing. Depending on which day, and which time of day, and what you've done before it, the results can be confusing. I'm not consciously dieting but I am aware I have lost a bit of weight - a bit more than a stone - since I stopped working, simply because I'm not as sedentary and am taking a lot more exercise - especially cycling.

Already this week, my weight has apparently varied by as much as 6 pounds. I recorded a high of 13 stones, 1 pound (183 pounds or 83 kgs) on Monday morning but after yesterday afternoon's cycle, the scales showed just 12 stones, 9 lbs (177/80). The truth is somewhere in between - all you can do is watch the trend.

I could do with a some new trousers now. Funnily enough we're heading in to Aberdeen to do some clothes shopping for Jo - after I've had my eye test. Don't think we'll be going to the cinema this time, however - there's nothing decent on at a suitable time.

I'm having a morning of rest - I was too tired after yesterday afternoon's cycle and I didn't have the strength to join the other guys on their usual Thursday morning ride - they're heading for the Tarland Way and the Tarland Trails again, whilst I'm sitting here watching The Nation's Favourite Beatles Number Ones which was transmitted last night on ITV. The results are not what I would have chosen - but then aren't all polls like that?

Talking about music from the '60's, there's a new one in London next April - https://www.facebook.com/AllOrNothingAMusicalAboutTheLifeOfTheSmallFaces/. I've always been a fan - I have virtually every record of theirs. Might have to arrange another trip down south some time between our Australian and American holidays next year - not to mention squeezing some golf in as well. We only have the months of March, April & May between our visits to Kelly and Lucy and I've already doubled up on one of my regular trips - the hill-walking weekend, which is happening towards the end of May, unfortunately coinciding with the week of our local CAMRA Beer Festival where I'd already said I would be working next year. I missed this year's festival as we were in France and, as a Committee Member, I felt guilty and that's why I committed early to be there next year. Ah well, can't have everything I guess.

It's our local CAMRA branch's AGM this Saturday. Unless opposed, I'm happy to carry on as Membership Secretary - it helps keep me busy. I like retirement - not having to commute to Fraserburgh or Aberdeen - but I also like to have something to do, so long as I can do it my own time.

No comments:

Blog Archive