Total Pageviews

Friday 13 November 2015

Friday 13th - winter's coming

No mishaps yet. Today is what they used to call Black Friday, but that phrase has now been pinched by the retail sector for the annual shopping bonanza that falls on the day after Thanksgiving in USA - i.e. 2 weeks from now. We'll be in Edinburgh then - hope it's not too frantic there.

The first ever named UK storm (Abigail) has seemingly passed the North East of Scotland with barely a passing glance. We had a little bit of rain last night but nothing like what was feared.

Having dipped out of yesterday's cycle, I thought the bright sunshine today might have enticed me out on the bike again, but a short walk along to the shops with Jo soon put paid to that idea - the temperature has dropped and they're forecasting snow on the hills - it certainly feels that way now.

Jo had her hair done this morning but she didn't want to miss out on her usual Friday afternoon swim, so that's where she is now. I've just stayed in, catching up with some stuff - trying to book my car in to John Clark BMW, paying our Marriott maintenance fees, booking some golf for the spring, and trying to arrange for my new pair of driving glasses.

I had my eye test locally yesterday - no problems with the glaucoma pressure tests etc - and got a new prescription. She told me my eyes had actually improved a little over the last year, although I still have a slight astigmatism:


Not sure what it all means, but I'll take it to Costco on Tuesday anyway.

I also tried to pop in to Taylor's this morning to order the mirror we saw, but, would you believe it, they were closed for staff training! I've e-mailed Dick now to order it.

After my eye test yesterday, Jo and I took the bus in to Aberdeen to go to M & S. It was a very short shop and there was nothing on at the movies at that time, so, what to do? We popped along to Archibald Simpson's for a couple of beers, and, as it was Curry Club night we thought we might as well eat there as well. We walked back to the Union Square bus station and had enough time to spare to pop in for a quick half at CAMRA's Pub of the Year, the newly re-named Krakatoa (formerly the Moorings) - a cultural experience for Jo.

No comments:

Blog Archive