Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 April 2015

The Wall

No - not Pink Floyd's 1979 album and 1982 film - remember Gerald Scarfe's images?:


They didn't need no education, but I may soon - especially when it comes to wall-building. we've moved the loose bricks, taken out the earth and cleaned the old mortar off the bricks. Now it's a question of putting it all back together again. Of course, in hindsight, when the bricks were taken down, they should have been placed in position so that it was easy to put the jigsaw back, but we'll just have to try and figure it out ourselves now. Here's my first go at laying them out in order:


Jo's out at swimming just now - but no doubt she'll want them in a different order!

Luca spent the night here last night - I picked him up at school and I drove him back this morning. We discovered that he'd left his school sweater behind yesterday - it was used for one of the goals at football. Some things never change. I tried to retrieve it for him this morning at the school but ran out of time before the bell rang and he had to get in line. Hopefully Carole will manage to retrieve it tonight when she picks him up at the After School Club.

So this is my period of respite before I go to golf this evening - in shorts. The great spring weather continues. I'm also backing up files, music, photos, video etc on the new network WD My Cloud drive I bought. So far so good.

I've also got another new toy - The Vamp (http://www.thevamp.co.uk/) - a simple little device that makes any old speaker a Bluetooth speaker. Very nifty - play all the music on my new network drive via my new iPhone and connect it wirelessly to The Vamp, which is wired to the old speaker. No power cables required - take it anywhere.

No joy yet with the Marriott Phuket Beach accommodation we're trying to get next year. Ironically, we got offered it this year but chose not to take it due to the military curfews in place in Thailand at that time. We'll keep waiting.

Jo's booked a little trip down to see sister Mary and family in a couple of weeks' time - coinciding with my first Boat of Garten trip this year. No Club 55 available, so she's trying out the Gold Bus (http://www.citylinkgold.co.uk/), which we're told is very good. Zero cost for over 60's of course - apart from a 50p advance booking fee - and she gets tea/coffee and a sandwich. Sounds good.

No comments:

Blog Archive