Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 April 2015

Another (2) Brick(s) in the Wall

We're told that today will be the last day of the glorious spring weather - at least for now. Golf in shorts last night was glorious and this morning was equally nice - and I took full advantage when I joined our regular Freewheelers group for a quick 30 kms ride, squeezed in before my latest appointment with the physiotherapist.

My knee is ever so slowly getting better. I've been told to stop the daily icing and only to use it now when I feel the need. Keep going with the exercises, but still nothing load-bearing yet. Next assessment 12th May.

This afternoon, it was back to the wall for me. I mixed up a little bit of mortar and re-laid two of the bricks as a test run before I do the rest. Time will tell if I got the mix right or not:


I needed a hot bath afterwards. Looking in the mirror constantly reminds me of the effects of the ageing process on my body. Small things like new freckles/brown spots appearing on my neck:


The old sun spot on my nose is changing shape a little as well, despite the fact that I've been vigilant with wearing my hat when out at golf etc:


No doubt I'll now get chastised by the medics in our family.

Tomorrow morning, I'm off the dentist again for root canal treatment. Hope he's kind to me and I can enjoy my meal tomorrow night - we've been invited round to Dan Corbett's for dinner.

No comments:

Blog Archive