Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 April 2014

The weekend starts here!

My work here is done for this week. Next visit here will be Tuesday morning for a Board Meeting, which I've half prepared for.

This morning was my 6 month (almost) visit to see my knee surgeon. He got it x-rayed first of all:



The two bright white bits are the metal that is screwed in to my thigh bone and shinbone. In the second one where the knee is flexed, you can see my kneecap protruding at the front (left top) but what is not quite so clear is the plastic insert between the metal. This is likely to be the first thing that goes - in several years time, I hope!

He told me that it's best if I give him early warning of pain starting. Then he has a chance of doing more minor work, such as replacing the plastic, but, if I leave it too long, it's major surgery again as it's likely that the metal will have started moving as the bone deteriorates.

That said, he was very happy with it and I don't have to go back and see him unless I have any problems. He did say the remaining swelling on the knee should still come down a bit further over the next 6-12 months.

All in all, a pretty good report card, I think.

No comments:

Blog Archive