Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Wednesday's news

Let's start with the usual moan about lack of sleep - yup, it was another bad night last night. Enough is enough, we decided, so we went out this afternoon and bought some Nytol (http://nytol.co.uk/) for tonight. I've never in my life felt the need to use sleeping aids in the past, but after 5 or 6 consecutive nights of very little sleep, I've had to resort to desperate measures. Look out for tomorrow's exciting sleep report.

What else has happened today? Lunch at Tease while Jo went swimming - I met up with Colin Kilgour, John McWhinnie and Ian Sharp after they had finished their regular Wednesday cycle run. They have been doing this for a month or so now - today they caught the bus to Culter and cycled back along the Deeside Way to Banchory. Wish I was fit enough to join them - not yet, but the good news is that I jumped on the exercise bike this morning and got my knee going immediately, with little hesitation or preparation - another small sign of progress.

Kelly FaceTimed again this morning/evening and Chris demonstrated Miller's latest trick - holding his bottle himself - with all fours! (Miller, that is, not Chris).

Tomorrow, it's the long drive up to Fraserburgh for a key meeting with the Union. Jo's driving - in her car. I have to confess, however, that I stepped in to my car this afternoon when Jo was out, just to see if I could manipulate the pedals OK - and I could, so my next trick was to let the car slide down the driveway, then reverse it back up - no problem. Next stage will be to take it in to the Tor-na-Coille Hotel car park and drive around a bit.

Jo's been toying with buying this console for the hall over the last week or two:


What do you think? Should she buy it? Available for Christmas.

On Saturday night, it's our annual Xmas dinner with our golfy group and wives - and we're returning to the Tor-na-Coille Hotel for the first time in many years - the scene of former crimes. Just dinner - no dancing, no party.

No comments:

Blog Archive