Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 December 2013

Broch trip

It's Thursday afternoon and we've just arrived back home after our trip to Fraserburgh. We got to my work just after 10 am and left again just after 1:30 pm, stopping for a late-ish lunch on the way back at the new Formartine's (http://www.formartines.com/) cafeteria/shop/visitor centre at the entrance to the Haddo estate between Oldmeldrum and Methlick - and very nice it was too. We even brought a doggy bag home, so that's tonight's tea sorted.

Now for the (lack of) sleep report. In short, even the Nytol didn't work last night. In fact, I was so bad that Jo gave up on me about 4 am and came downstairs to watch TV and lie on the settee. Partly on the suggestion of the pharmacist, we had bought the 2-a-night pills, rather than the stronger 1-a-night, and I only took one of them to start with - but, by midnight I was already up and rolling around, so I took another one, but even it didn't seem to have much effect until after 3 am. We'll try again tonight - but I'll definitely be taking 2 pills this time.

My leg was sore during the night and we wondered if I'd done a bit much yesterday, with 2 separate walks, plus the usual round of exercises and also 3 short stints on the exercise bike. Today, I'm easing off a bit - I still need to stretch and exercise a little, but I'm not going to push too hard - and we may ease off a little on the leg massage as well.

My exercise regime is now geared towards strength and balance, and Jo managed to acquire proper sand-filled ankle weights at Tesco on Tuesday:


Much easier to use than our mocked up efforts.

It will be 6 weeks tomorrow that I had the operation, which means that I'll finally be able to ditch the compression stockings I've had to wear - that'll be a relief. When I went in to hospital, I promised Lucy that I would do a blog every single day with an update on my progress. Looking back, I didn't quite manage every single day, but 38 postings in the last 40 days is a pretty good effort I feel. Of course, I'm far from finished yet, but there may be a bit of a tailing off in blog postings now, back to more normal levels.

To close, we noticed one blemish after the windows were installed on Tuesday - one of the new kitchen doors was smeared with what looks like some of the glue the window installer used:


Barely noticeable - but we know it's there now and it's annoying - and we don't know how to remove it without damaging the door. Suggestions on a postcard please.

No comments:

Blog Archive