Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Tuesday week 6

I thought last night was a little better - but Jo didn't agree. We stayed up fairly late - for us - watching some of our TV recordings (Borgen, The Blacklist) and settled down about 11:30 pm. By 12:15 am, I was up again - no pain, just awake. I took a couple of Paracetamol (it was time to) and decided to read a few chapters of my book before putting the bedside light out some time between 1:30 and 2:00 am. My next awareness was just after 5 am, so it seems I had 3 hours + of sleep.

I lay awake until precisely 6:30 am when I thought it was a decent time to get up. Jo's first comment was that it had been a bad night for me again, but that hadn't been my perception - it had been the least troublesome night I'd had for several nights - not great, but a slight improvement.

Anyway, after the usual 3 hour routine of meds, breakfast, exercise, shower, massage and ice treatment, I headed down to the village where I'd arranged to have a coffee with Dan Corbett and Archie Cook. On my way back, I took a photo of the latest hole in the ground to appear at the former Tor-na-Coille Garage, which has now been lying vacant for over 2 years. Gleaner Oils are having to clean up the site before they can complete the sale to a local builder, who plans to erect houses there. It looks like they are having problems with the underground tanks and/or seepage in to the ground. Will they ever complete this - or even tidy up the site a little?:


Back home, here's the new front of the house, from the outside:


The old windows in the kitchen and study were removed this morning, leaving a rather nice panoramic view from our kitchen:


It's now finished, however:


That's about it for today. Jo's away to Inverurie now to pick up Luca, so it's just me and the window installer here now.

No comments:

Blog Archive