Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 November 2013

Thursday

Jo was heading to the hairdresser's first thing so we had to get up and get me ready before she went out. I had thought it was time for me to venture out again and I thought I would take this chance to go along and get my morning paper whilst Jo was at the hairdresser, but I was very swiftly put in my place and told I wouldn't be going out at all.

My compensation came from Dick Taylor, who very kindly brought along a latte and empire biscuit for me.

Apart from doing my exercises, all I've done today is snooze in front of the fire and try and read a chapter of my book - I failed, but at least I'm showing some interest again - last week I couldn't be bothered with anything.

I also took a cold call today and, for once, agreed to see the rep "who just happened to be in our area today". It was Penicuik Windows and Doors and it was a timely call as we had been discussing doing something about the doors and windows in our house that haven't been replaced/upgraded in the 30 years since we moved in. So we've now ordered new front, back and garage doors and new windows for the kitchen and the downstairs study (formerly Ross' room). This probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't been at home recuperating.

No more news for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive