Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 November 2013

New regime

The visit to the physio yesterday certainly gave me a jolt and I'm trying hard to do the exercises she recommended - all 10 of them. It's tough - the swelling round my knee is still restricting movement and when I try to stretch the knee bend in particular, the whole joint heats up dramatically and, as a side issue, it makes me feel sick and queasy.

We're trying to get ice on the joint as often as possible to aid the process. This morning, Jo and I did my exercises in bed together after breakfast and drugs. Jo must be knackered running around after me - she's tending to my every need, but I do need to try and do some things myself or I won't progress.

Gary and Luca came around yesterday afternoon - Gary's off all week and Luca was on an In-Service Day. I think Gary had plans to take me down to Tease for a coffee, but he caught me in one of my down moments and I just wasn't up to accepting his offer. We had scrambled eggs on toast instead. When they were gone after dinner, I had my first bath, which felt pretty pleasant - and I discovered that the bath is not too bad a place to be doing exercises.

Jo changed my dressing after the bath. This was how the leg looked last night - a lot better than the previous photo taken in the hospital over a week ago:


You can still see the blood blister from the first theatre dressing.

So that's it for today. No walking again - perhaps tomorrow. The Banchory physio reckoned it wasn't important anyway at this stage - she felt if I could walk 100 yards that was more than enough.

Jo's at swimming for a couple of hours - she needs the break.

No comments:

Blog Archive