Total Pageviews

Monday 4 November 2013

Monday morning

Yes - it's been confirmed that I'm getting home this morning - looking forward to it. I've to wear the compression stockings on both legs for another 6 weeks to minimise the possibility of DVT, and I've to use both walking sticks for the same period. The hardest bit is going to be learning to walk properly again. I've had this bad knee for so long that I've got used to "swinging" my right leg rather than bending it.

Didn't have a good night last night. I cut down on the pain killers and it wasn't enough to see me through the night, so I had to call for more to help me sleep - even if only for an hour or two.

I had dozed a lot on Friday after the op and also a bit on Saturday, but I awoke early yesterday and never managed to get another 40 winks until I went to sleep at 8 pm, which meant, of course, that I awoke again early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep until I called for the extra pain killers.

Finally managed to speak to Kelly and Chris on Face Time this morning - and see (not so) little Miller - he's a big boy alright.

That's me for now - breakfast arriving soon, then shower and change and hopefully see the physiotherapist before I leave. I believe I have to have an X-ray and they also take my bloods as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive