Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 November 2013

Albyn

It's Sunday morning and I managed to get up and shower today. I'm still using the zimmer frame but hope to get on sticks when the physio comes to see me.

My leg is still very stiff and swollen and there's blood seeping from the wound - but it's contained within the waterproof plaster. On Friday, I was able to do some of the exercises the physio asked me to do - bend my knee a bit and straight leg lift - but yesterday it was too painful and stiff. We suspect this was due to the heavy dose of local anaesthetic that the surgeon put in the knee wearing off.

Had a fairly decent sleep last night - although I had to get up 3 times for a pee, which was a bit of a relief actually as they were threatening to put a catheter in if I didn't pass enough water. I also had a fairly hearty breakfast this morning, which must be a good sign.

Gary and Luca were in again yesterday and this time Luca was in fine form. He had come along on Friday and was still exhausted from his Hallowe'en night. Ken Page also popped in, as did Gary Grant. Jo has been here virtually all day Friday and most of Saturday, and she'll be in again after church today.

Spoke to Lucy, Cade and Braeden on Face Time yesterday and tried to do the same with Kelly this morning, but we've been playing telephone tennis and keep missing each other.

No news yet of when I might get out but I'm still hoping they'll let me go tomorrow (Monday).

No comments:

Blog Archive