Total Pageviews

Friday 29 November 2013

Friday home alone

Yes - Jo's out for an extended lunch with pals, so I'm home alone just now - but I can cope, although I don't think Jo believes I can.

I was awake fairly sharp this morning - I needed some meds. I only took one Tramadol at bedtime last night (plus 2 Paracetamol), so I took 2 this morning. They say they should kick in in half an hour and that's the best time to do the exercises, but I've found it to be nearer an hour before I am pain-free.

I haven't been taking meds during the daytime for a while - only mornings and evenings - but today I decided to take Paracetamol at lunchtime today to see what difference - if any - that made.

Right now, my knee feels stiff and swollen. We picked up the exercise bike from Jack and Frances Simpson yesterday and I had hoped to give it a go today, but I failed again. Scott gave me instruction on how to do it, and I tried his technique, but still couldn't do it. It's fear factor, I'm sure, but when it gets near the top of the cycle, I can feel a sharp increase in pain and I'm scared to go further. I'll just need to keep working on the knee and get some more bend, then try again.

The bike is downstairs in the study - what used to be Ross' room:


Oh well, back to work then.

No comments:

Blog Archive