Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bad start to the day

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Yes - today hasn't gone too well so far. Jo was up at 4 am - I didn't hear anything, but I understand there was a huge thunderstorm then - that didn't waken me, but Jo getting up did.

The knock-on effect was that the flash floods caused by the storm have closed, not just Banchory G.C., but also Meldrum House, where I was supposed to be playing in a  corporate event this afternoon. That's the course attached to the hotel where Gary and Carole got married, and I hadn't played it for a number of years, so I was really looking forward to playing it again today. Ho hum.

Maybe just as well, mind you - I played a tie last night and I've got a medal tomorrow, plus I'm still a little stiff from Sunday's walk, so a day of rest won't do me any harm.

I also had a dentist's appointment this morning - or at least I thought I did. I'd made the appointment to look at the tooth I broke on holiday by phone on the way back from the airport last Monday, but when I turned up this morning, I was told I should have been there yesterday! I was sure she'd said Tuesday, but I was a bit tired and jet-lagged, so it's possible I did get it wrong. Anyway, it's now re-scheduled to tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive