Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 August 2012

Thursday evening update

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Unexpectedly a lovely day today - even in the sea-surrounded Broch it was over 20C. I'm at home now and have just booked our next holiday - to go and see Kelly and Chris over Christmas/New Year, when it's also our 40th Wedding Anniversary. And guess what? - Ross is coming too!

Malaysian Airlines this time - via Kuala Lumpur, and we're having a 2 night stopover there on the way back - at http://www.shangri-la.com/kualalumpur/shangrila/.

When I got home tonight, I noticed Luca had a plaster on his elbow - he had fallen in the street. He was pretty quiet and when Jo nipped out to the shops, I never noticed him falling asleep at first - I thought he was still watching the cartoons - but then I spotted him reclining on the settee, propped up by his other elbow and with his eyes apparently half open:


Spooky, eh? Jo says Gary was just the same - she used to go over to him and shut his eyelids - just as the undertaker does with the dead.

The dentist smoothed off the rough edge on my broken tooth yesterday so that it doesn't catch my tongue, but I have to go back for a full appointment to get it repaired properly. Apparently the tooth had 2 old fillings and it split right down the middle of them.

The roof surveyor is coming out next week to assess what needs to be done to the flat roof above Ross' bedroom and to look at the pitched roof above ours at the same time.

Do you remember the complaint we were having with Santander? Well, yesterday, completely out of the blue, we received a bunch of flowers:


Very nice - but even this was a cock-up. The investment, the complaint, and all the correspondence are all in Jo's name, but the flowers and the apology were addressed to me:


Can't they do anything right?

News now of a big challenge coming up over the Christmas holidays next year - 2013-14. With all the athletic training apparently going on in our (extended) family, Scott has given notice that they - the Lesinas, Scott and Lucy - are going to be taking on Kelly and Chris in a race up Scolty Hill!


Of course, Gary and Carole could be contestants as well by then! Watch this space. I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on this one - particularly as I did the official Scolty Hill Race (http://www.scottishhillracing.co.uk/RaceDetails.aspx?RaceID=RA-0049) when I was older than any of my offspring and their partners are now!

Tomorrow, Brian Hanson arrives at lunchtime and is staying overnight, with golf planned for tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning - hope the weather behaves.

Last word - a thought for Jo - it's 21 years ago today that her father - Granda Bill to most - died.

No comments:

Blog Archive