Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Bad Motor Scooter

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Yes, I was down at Montrose yesterday afternoon, playing for Banchory Seniors. It was a lovely day and I felt fine - apart from the fact that it took forever.

I did a few hours in the office, then went over to our lawyers to sign a document about our change of bankers, but I was still down at Royal Montrose GC not long after 11 am. I was one of the first there, so grabbed a cuppa and a sausage buttie and then got ready for the noon start.

The bad news was that I was in the last group, which meant it was almost 1:30 pm by the time we teed off - the wait seemed interminable, but it was nothing compared to the wait on the golf course - it took nearly 5 hours to play the round. It was bad for us, but I also felt for the young pair behind us - imagine having to play behind a group of 40 Seniors!

Of course, by the time I got home, Jo had taken Luca back to Inverurie, so I never saw him either.

Today is the next attempt to play the Seniors Club championship at Banchory - it's nice just now, but there are some forecast localised lightning storms - hope we don't get rained off again.

What else is new? Well, we've finally ordered a TV table for our back room - plus a new "kangaroo" bed which Cade and Braeden will use when they come over in October. Incidentally - 10 years old yesterday - how did that happen? Look at this tiny mite a decade ago:


I've also now started to look in to the possibility of going Down Under in January - and Oregon in August. We'll see what we can get, but I think the prospect of a round the world trip is now officially off the agenda - at least for the time being.

So, Gary has finally got his best man - still waiting for him to officially blog it, so I won't steal his thunder. There were some plans to go to McCall's for the kilt hire this weekend, but it looks like it might be next week now. Carole's in the throes of sending out the invitations, so it's all starting to move along nicely now.

I've now changed the scheduled date for my knee operations - it's going to be Friday 1st October, which should allow me sufficient time to recover in time for the wedding.

No comments:

Blog Archive