Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Yes, yes, yes, it's my ****** almanac

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/



Maybe not quite autumn yet, but I definitely noticed a bit of a change in the air today - the car was covered in dew this morning and it was misty driving over the moor at Garlogie - a harbinger of things to come?



I've been trying to make the most of what's left of the golf season - realistically probably only another 6-7 weeks now. It was our delayed Senior Club Championship at Banchory last week and that meant me playing on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Add to that my usual Saturday morning medal, and, some time ago, I'd agreed to play for our Seniors team at Kemnay yesterday. I'm glad today has been a rest day.



Of course, I then compounded the felony by agreeing to turn out at squash doubles last night. Malcolm Grigor's pal, Peter Craddock, was up from Yorkshire and he was trying to arrange a four for doubles and there's only Keith Gray and I around just now - so I agreed. I somehow managed without apparently doing too much damage to my poor old knees - but I almost slept in this morning after it all!



So, it's Tuesday and we've got Luca today so I'll make sure I'm out of here sharp tonight. On Friday afternoon we're off to Edinburgh for our annual Fringe fix. Did I show you our schedule?:


  • Friday 16:00 - Ale/whisky tasting session
  • Friday 18:15 - Call Mr Robeson
  • Friday 21:20 - Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
  • Friday 23:59 - Alan Cumming - I bought a blue car today
  • Saturday 15:00 - Hit Me: The life and rhymes of Ian Dury
  • Saturday 19:30 - Danny Bhoy
  • Saturday 23:30 - John Cooper Clarke
Nothing booked for Sunday - just stroll around and take it all in.

The Call Mr. Robeson show is a biography of Paul Robeson, singer and activist from the 30's and 40's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Robeson). He was Grannie Barr's (my Mum's Mum - Sarah) favourite - Old Man River was the song he was most famous for.

John Cooper Clarke could be a bit of a culture shock for Jo - he's still a pretty edgy performer, but we'll see how it goes.

Starting to think now about our trip to the Royal Albert Hall in November - best get flights and accommodation booked soon, I guess. Nothing back yet from Interval re our requests for Oz and Oregon next year - early doors, I suppose.

No comments:

Blog Archive