Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 July 2010

I went down to the **********, fell down on my knees

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Won't be doing much falling down on knees and praying now - the surgeon had a look at both legs last night - physically and the x-rays - and we've agreed he's going to do a "scrape and polish" job on both knees - at the same time!

It's a day job at the Albyn, but it is under general anaesthetic and I'm told that I should take a week off work and the recovery period thereafter is a couple of weeks. Need to plan this carefully - don't want to miss what's rest of the golf season, including:

  • Football group outing to Alford tomorrow
  • Men's Invitational event at Banchory on Saturday

I'd already stalled my angiogram by one week to play in the above two events with brother-in-law Brian - it was all arranged ages ago and I didn't want to let him down at the last moment. So, I'm now going to miss my WHW training walk next weekend instead. Choices, choices.

But after that - they probably won't be able to do the knee ops until about September anyway - I have to make sure I avoid:

  • 13/14/15 August - Edinburgh Fringe
  • 27 August - St Andrews Eden course outing
  • 29 August - Lochnagar (possibly)
  • 5/6 September - Boat of Garten
  • 16-19 September - West Highland Way

Then, at the other end, there's the wedding of the year on 30th October - so probably late September would be best?

The x-rays clearly showed me how bent and mis-shapen my old injured right knee now is - but the rest of you have noticed that for a while, I guess - and the surgeon said it would probably have to go some time, but best to hold on to it for as long as possible.

So there you go - that's today's medical bulletin over. Not much else to say now.

No comments:

Blog Archive