Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Midweek May week 1

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

It's a bit warmer than the weekend - but certainly not seasonal yet. I just hope it stays dry tonight for my Wednesday night golf - would you believe, I'm playing with our club pro tonight - will I beat him? I wish.

What else is new? Well, we had Luca round yesterday as usual and he was fine - until we tell him he has to go home. Does he have cruel parents or is it just that he has a Granny who tends to his every whim and who he can wheedle anything he wants out of? I think I know the answer.

After weeks of diligent research and a few store visits, I finally took the plunge last night and ordered my new camera. I'll be glad to see the back of my existing one, which was acquired in haste and which I've never liked - and it's now starting to fall apart. I'm still not ready for digital SLR's - they're still too bulky - you can't carry them around easily and I like wearing mine on my belt - that way, I tend to take it everywhere I go, which I wouldn't do if I had to carry it round my neck. It's a fairly high spec digital however, but small enough to wear, and with a few new features that I might enjoy. It's actually the Sony model that was recommended to me in the camera shop in Grants Pass, but they didn't have one in stock when I was there, unfortunately.

I've also finally started to read the 3rd book in the Milennium series by Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. So far, so good - I really like his style of writing - it's gripping - but you have to read the books in the right order. Jo eventually got round to reading the first one on holiday and I thought would want to start the second one when she got back - I'd loaned it to Johanne, who promptly returned it when we came back from USA - but Jo hasn't touched it yet - perhaps I'll pass it on to Colin, who's also been waiting to read it.

Well, that's me about done - off to golf now - then Fraserburgh tomorrow and Edinburgh on Friday afternoon/Saturday morning - we're having lunch with Colin and Linda Elgie, who we haven't seen since they moved back to Middlesborough a number of years ago. On Sunday, Keith Gray's picking me up and driving me over to Aviemore and we're back on Monday evening - it's all go round here!

No comments:

Blog Archive