Total Pageviews

Monday 3 May 2010

May day holiday Monday

From http://ianrstewart.blogspot.com/

Well, it is for some, but here I am, struggling away over a hot keyboard, blogging like mad - it's so quiet today - a lot of folk on holiday and no phones ringing or e-mail traffic - and I've got 6 blogs to keep up to date as well.

It's still bitterly cold for May - hope it gets a bit better for next weekend when we're off to Edinburgh for the theatre on Friday night, then it's Boat of Garten for me on Sunday/Monday.

We had a nice weekend, despite the cold - at least it was mostly dry. I managed to squeeze in my golf on Saturday morning before rushing home to change and head off down to St Columba's for Peter and Srie Hodgson's daughter's wedding.

The reception was in the grounds of Crathes Castle in a marquee - it must have cost an absolute fortune. The meal was lovely - and a bit different - Moroccan lamb and couscous was the main course - and I thought it tasted pretty authentic.

Here's Jo and I in the marquee, sipping champagne and knocking back raw oysters - or at least I was:



On Sunday late afternoon, we went round to Peter and Srie's, where they were - rather bravely we thought - holding an all-day barbeque for all the wedding guests. We did try to get in to the spirit of things, despite the bitter cold, and ate our food outside, but eventually, we all retreated to the warmth of indoors. I captured the moment outside first of all as proof:



That's about all for now. Jo's got her usual Monday afternoon swimming today - I don't think I'll stay in the office all day, so I might pop in to Bannatyne's for a little while later on - it's been a long time since I used my membership there.

No comments:

Blog Archive