Total Pageviews

Friday 30 April 2010

Friday at last

It's the last day of the working week and they say that it's going to get a lot colder for the holiday (for some) weekend. Hope it stays dry at least - got 3 games of golf lined up - a tie this evening, medal in the morning, then a game at Inchmarlo on Sunday morning - and, of course, we've got a wedding to attend tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I'm feeling slightly better today - got a bit of a voice back as well. I got the hot toddy treatment again last night - must be working. Tough call on TV last night - do I watch the Fulham or the Liverpool Europa League semi-finals, or should I sit through the Leaders debate instead? I settled for a bit of a compromise - I watched the first half hour of the Fulham match, by which time they were one down, then switched to BBC to watch the final round between BCC - when it finished, it was back over to see extra time in the Liverpool match.

I must be a bit of a jinx to the English teams - Fulham actually scored two goals when I wasn't watching them, and Liverpool were also winning but went on to lose on away goals when I started to watch. Anyway, did I make the right choice? - I'm not sure - Jo and I watched the debate with interest for about 20 minutes, but after that it was the same old, same old - there was so much repetition. David Dimbleby did seem to allow them a bit more freedom than the very strict rules and time limits imposed at the 2 previous debates, however, but you could still sense he really wanted to let rip at them - he got his wish later in the evening on Question Time.

So that's it for now - have a good weekend y'all.

No comments:

Blog Archive