Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 December 2009

B****y banks!

Well - after nearly 9 months of me complaining and their denial, our Bank finally fessed up today - they had overcharged us interest - just a mere £40K, that's all! True to form they then decided that they had to raise additional charges and increase the margins they were taking, so that they would get virtually it all back again!

I had a little rant at them, but I know full well that what goes around comes around, so there's little point in having a complete fall-out - that's what's so frustrating about it all. Of course, they need to increase their charges because they're having to pay the Goverment a huge premium on the money that baled them out a year ago. Meanwhile, relatively small local businesses who have survived (so far) through the Credit Crunch without any Government intervention or aid are being punished for their failures. Where's the morality in all this?

I've started so I may as well get all my rants off my chest now. We're still having fun and games with our number one customer - our Senior Technical Manager's head has rolled and we're now re-organising internally.

OK - who's next? What about Harvey's? Yes, the sponsor of Coronation St - and supplier of the settees in our back room. My seat is getting ever more uncomfortable and I'm seriously thinking of ditching it after not much more than 18 months' use. The photos don't really show the deterioration - on the left is the photo from exactly a year ago, when their rep came out and declared it was just normal "TV seat". On the right is tonight's photo. Maybe this is the reason for my grumpy mood.



On a brighter note, we are looking after Luca overnight - he seems to enjoy coming here to see his Grannie Jo and he's always on good form.

Tomorrow, it's the dentist for me again - but this time, it's a relatively routine visit to the hygienist - wish me well.

No comments:

Blog Archive