Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 November 2009

It's Billy Connolly's birthday today - he's 67 - how did that happen? It's also the birthday of ex-Beatle Pete Best and Donald "Duck" Dunn, bassist in Booker T & the MG's - both of them are a year older than the Big Yin.


It's also an incredible 18 years since Freddie Mercury died - where has the time gone?

It was this week a decade ago that I was on business in China - trying to clear up some of the mess that John Anderson had made out there - check my 10 years ago photo in the sidebar.

So, today, I was in Fraserburgh - not feeling too great - and I got a message from Gary asking me if I could pick up Luca from nursery on my way home. Of course, I agreed - but I don't have a child seat in my car. "No problem" says Gary - and he nipped back to Inverurie and dropped it off at the nursery. It was just after 4pm when I got there - and, of course, it was dark. See trying to fit Gary's car seat in my car, single handed, in the dark? Grrr... I managed eventually and, after showing my ID, off Luca and I went in my car driving back to Banchory and Grannie Jo. It was a bit like spending time with my Dad in his latter years - all songs. My entire memory of nursery rhymes was dredged dry long before we got home. Still, it was fun.

Now we're waiting for Gary to come and pick the little one up - and then we can have our TV back - I can't take much more of In the Night Garden and Peppa Pig!

No comments:

Blog Archive