Total Pageviews

Monday 23 November 2009

Monday again - last week in November

We're almost in to December now - Thanksgiving in the States this Thursday, then St Andrews Day next Monday. I also just realised how busy my social diary is getting - I don't have a free Friday night until January now! This is my schedule:

  • 26th November - KGV project progress meeting
  • 27th November - Lemon Tree - Animals/Spencer David Group
  • 28th November - Pittodrie - Aberdeen-Rangers corporate hospitality
  • 28th November - McWhinnies for dinner
  • 1st December - Swine Flu jabs!
  • 4th December - Lemon tree again - Blockheads
  • 5th December - Firhill (possibly) - Thistle v Dundee
  • 9th December - Edinburgh - Scottish Govt offices
  • 11th December - St Andrews Bay
  • 18th December - Xmas night out at the Milton
  • 21st December - Board meeting
  • 24th December - Dave Williamson's birthday football match
  • 25th December - Xmas!
  • 26th December - Anniversary
  • 1st January - Ne'erday
  • 2nd January - Off to the Kenmore Club, Perthshire for 4 days
  • 9th January - Arsenal - Everton (possibly)
  • 15th January - Headbang (possibly)
  • 30th January - Inverness - battle of the Jags
  • 7th February - Murrayfield - Scotland-France
  • 22nd February - Marrakech - for a week's golf
  • 19th March - USA for 3 weeks

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it!

Jo and I went to Glasgow on Saturday (by train) and met up with Barry, Helen and Dawn and went down to scatter my Dad's ashes at the cemetery grounds - under a tree, beside where we had scattered my Mum's ashes 7 years ago.

We had soup and sannies back at Foxbar afterwards and then got dropped off at the Buchanan St indoor shopping centre - it was tipping it down by then. I was looking for a jacket and a car jacket, but couldn't find anything - too many "fashion" shops according to Jo - so we just caught a slightly earlier train home. We had a (rubbish) tea/coffee at Queen St and admired the Victorian glasswork:



Jo "did a Carole" and looked the other way when I tried to take a photo:



We got home at a decent time, but there was nothing in the house, so we decided to go out. Jo suggested the golf club, but I thought it was too wet to walk there and back again, so we went to the Tor-na-Coille - my first time there for a while. My last time was about 5 years ago when I had a meeting with she-whose-name-we-don't-mention-but-is-now-believed-to-be-living-in-Laurencekirk, in a vain effort to mediate. The time before that was the time of the fire - 2000?

Anyway, the place looked old and tired, but they are planning to re-decorate - in fact, they've started - and we heard they have a new chef starting - Watson, whose name is the restaurant, is leaving after umpteen years service.

On Sunday, I went to the golf club ready to play, but a very heavy shower put most of us off and we headed home. I wish we'd been more patient as it turned out to be a lovely morning in the end. The consolation was that I was at home when Kelly Skyped - it worked fine on Jo's PC, so it must be wireless network issues that cause the problem on my laptop.

So, apart from footy on Friday night, I haven't had much exercise, so I'm looking forward to squash tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive