Total Pageviews

Friday 28 August 2009

Squash

This rather grainy photo was taken with my Blackberry this morning. I had heard that the squash courts had been demolished - we hadn't heard anything from Arbor Court, but I thought I would check anyway, and I was horrified to see contractors there and the exterior cladding already removed:


On the face of it, this is a poor start to community relations for the new owners. They knew why we had been trying to organise a meeting for the last 2 months and had stalled us on the basis that they wanted to wait until Charlie Anderson arrived here from Canada and had a proper look at the hotel – which he has done over the last couple of weeks. They could at least have waited until they met us before starting demolition, but they obviously decided that they wanted to make it a fait accompli before we could present our case.

I have been in touch with the hotel manager, Peter Ferguson – who, we now understand is only there on a temporary basis for 3 months – and have arranged to meet him on Monday. I am making no comment to the local press at this time, although I have alerted them to check it out for themselves. There is another rumour going around that they are preparing to put in new sports facilities - let's wait and see what they say next week.
So - St Andrews Bay for me this afternoon - on another windy day. I can't remember the last time I was there and it wasn't windy. Still, it might keep the rain away!

No comments:

Blog Archive