Total Pageviews

Monday 31 August 2009

Bank holiday blues

Back to the Broch today when it seems the whole of the rest of the country is on holiday. The house is in chaos as well as the bedrooms are getting painted - where to go, what to do?

No golf last Saturday - although Friday at St Andrews Bay was good - so I took up the offer of a ticket at Pittodrie for the Motherwell match. Now I remember why I cancelled our season tickets this year.

Going to finish my book tonight - Catch 22 - a classic - always meant to read it and now I've finally done it - almost. It seems to me like M.A.S.H. pilfered a lot of the style and the references from Catch 22 for the movie and TV series.

Sad to see the nights drawing in - this is the last week of our midweek golf - off to Boat of Garten Sunday/Monday as well - but not before I have to endure another 2 sessions at the dentist.

Mince & tatties for tea tonight - nice! Followed by leftover meringue from yesterday - yummy!

Anyway, I was consoling myself by checking on possible holiday locations for next year. Seems there's a few exchanges available just now, so might book soon. Need to find out when the boys are off school in 2010.

No comments:

Blog Archive