Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 May 2009

Plans and schemes

It's been another lovely weekend - golf yesterday in shorts again and it's been nice again today too. After squash last night, Jo and I went to the golf club for dinner with Colin and Johanne - lovely meal - we both had steaks.

I got up later this morning - I was pretty tired and sore after playing footy on Friday, then golf and squash yesterday - and I wasn't golfing today. When I eventually dragged myself downstairs, I assumed that Jo had gone off to church, but, no - there she was, lying flat out on the floor in the back room. She wasn't feeling good at all, so I despatched her to bed, got her some water and shut the curtains and doors.

What was wrong with Jo? She complained about S & D, but she was never actually sick - headaches and temperature fluctuations seemed to be the main problem. Maybe it was fear - she had said last night when she found out I wasn't golfing today, that was great - we could do something together today. OK, I said - let's walk up Clach-na-ben - we've never done it before. The blood rushed from Jo's face - I think this was a bit more than she had envisaged. Ah well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I was also supposed to be going to the Lemon Tree to see Maggie Bell (and Dave Kelly) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maggie_Bell) but, with Ross not home, I thought I had better stay here, so I cancelled - but no sooner had I done this than Ross appeared again. No matter - I was quite happy to stay in - I was pretty tired anyway and although I would love to have seen her, I wasn't really up for it tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive