Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Tuesday - health checks

Today I'm heading West - I've been invited to tea at Julie's and then Brian and I are going to the pub to watch the big Arsenal - Man U Champions League semi, second leg - we were at the first leg last week in Manchester.

I've got some early morning meetings in Glasgow tomorrow - normally I would stay with Barry and Helen, but I so wanted to see the match tonight, and I know neither of them are football fans - it would be unfair of me to go there and ask them to put the football on all night.

Anyway, Jo's better now - she was really OK yesterday but didn't want to rush herself back - no change there then. Today she's back at the Doctor's - it's drugs issue time. Thinking about health, did any of you read the article in the Ecosse section of the Sunday Times this week? Click to enlarge and read:



Dan Corbett is feeling better after his heart attack in Argentina and, against all the odds, he is coming to Boat of Garten this weekend after all. He sent me this interesting link yesterday - http://www.sonnyradio.com/realage3.swf - try it. My results were:



So the good news is that I'm not really 60 after all - I'm 10 years younger! The bad news is it predicts I won't last quite as long as Dad's current age!
I don't feel 50 this morning - we played racquetball last night at Crathes - the first time we have done that for about a year - we have been playing squash doubles over the winter up at Findrack. With racquetball singles you have to cover the whole court yourself - no partner to rely on - and with such a bouncy ball, everything is retrievable and so there's not much rest - you have to work a lot harder. Reminded me how unfit and fat I'm getting.

No comments:

Blog Archive