Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 April 2009

Elderslie-Manchester-Glasgow and home again

Ross and I drove down and picked up Brian and his pal Jim from Glamis Avenue and we all drove down to Manchester together. The match was great and we had a good time catching up with Brian again. Here we all are having a beer after the match:


Today we drove back and dropped Brian and Jim in the centre of Glasgow (they insisted) and then went off for a quick bite at the Pond Hotel before going in to see Dad at Erskine Glasgow. He had just had lunch and was dozing in a chair at the end of the corridor on the SW side of Flanders House:


We didn't waken him but Ross and I spoke softly and he eventually came round slowly. "Who are you?" - it got a lot worse after that - his lips were thin and he snarled at us and would probably have verbally abused us, if he could find the words. Suffice to say, he told us to scram - so we did - for a while anyway. We then went back and tried again, but his mood was no better, and this time, he got up and walked away. We followed him round - at a safe distance - and he took the same seat in the NE corner, just outside his room. I watched as one of the care assistants got the same treatment as we'd just had, so I decided there was no point in trying again - although we did say cheerio, but all we got was a scowl.
I've never seen him like this and it was a bit upsetting. I spoke to the care assistant and he said it sometimes happens after lunch - he didn't elaborate why, but said it was best just to walk away.
Anyway, Kelly - I previously got a row from Gary for talking prematurely about the Apprentice result in my blog - and what did I do today on the road back from Manchester? - Yup - I read your blog - I obviously hadn't seen the Apprentice last night when we were at the football, so it was a bit of a bummer to stumble across the result before I got home and watched it tonight on Sky +. You've spoiled the surprise!

No comments:

Blog Archive