Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 December 2008

Hogmanay

Even although Cade's not playing, here's the answer to my previous photo quiz. For those of you who haven't been before, this was taken in 2002 from the top of Sears Tower, formerly the highest building in the world, looking out over the city of Chicago and beyond to Lake Michigan:


Can you really see the curvature of the earth, or is it an optical illusion?

Didn't bother going to the office this morning - had a bit of a lie in for a change. Anyway, we're changing phones, servers etc and have no internet or e-mail access there anyway, so I'm better off here anyway.


I only worked a morning yesterday as well and then headed out to Inverurie for a bit of a birthday lunch with Jo, Carole and Luca - the mini chocolate birthday cake was nice! Two years old now - wow! I also managed a game of squash doubles later on, so it was a nice easy day all round.


I've taken the holiday cardboard boxes to the tip this morning - Jo was a bit concerned about me doing this as she doubts my eco credentials and was worried that I wouldn't properly separate the polystyrene from the cardboard!


So I'm sitting here in the kitchen doing my blog and watching the bacon for lunch - Jo is hoovering next door. We're playing football again this afternoon at 2:00 pm and tonight we're going to the Kilgours for dinner, so that's today done.


We just found last year's Christmas cake, so we've opened it and are now working our way through it!


We found a couple of suitable places for Kelly and Craig to stay in for the extra week they are in Tenerife, but, by the time we had agreed which one to go for, it had gone! Never mind, there's plenty of others so we'll get something soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on a number of
websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all
my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
Also visit my page ... lanautica.com

Blog Archive