Total Pageviews

Monday 17 November 2008

Bad start to Monday

Felt sore and tired when I got up this morning - couldn't figure out why until Jo said she had a terrible night of dreams - I didn't ask for details - we might hear in her blog later - but this would inevitably have meant a restless night.

It went from bad to worse as I drove up Mount St and the car could barely crawl the hill. I looked down and noticed the warning - "engine management system". I diverted and limped along the south Deeside road and headed straight to Arnold Clark. My car had had its 54,000 mile service while I was in Florida - I thought this would save time, but now it's broken down and I've had to take it back anyway.

I waited for a while and then got the usual response - "need to order parts". So, it's now almost 11:00 am and I've finally arrived at the office, having missed over 3 hours of work. So why am I wasting more time sitting here and writing this blog entry? Frustration, that's why! Anyway, better get on with some work now. No time for a list.

Got the pool car and I'll take this to squash tonight and bring it back tomorrow - but why does nobody put fuel in the pool cars? That's more time I've got to spend doing useless things. Incidentally, Gary, I don't do long lunches - in fact, I seldom leave my desk during the working day - apart from the fact that there's nowhere to go round here, going out for lunch is such a waste of time - I'd far rather just work through and leave the office earlier - yes, I do have the flexibility to do this at least. Maybe Jo would go back to making me a lunch box every day? (Joke!) Long lunches were consigned to the bin back in the '70's when I left Black & White.

That reminds me - Lucy saw Dad's display cabinet in our room on the webcam on Saturday and wanted to know that we had a stock of miniatures in there, just like Mum and Dad always had. I had to confess there were none, but I remembered I had brought up one Black & White miniature with me - so that's now in pride of place you'll be pleased to know, Lucy!

Remember my previous rants about John Anderson, the former Sales Director of Scofish, who brought the company down with his corrupt deals, lies and forgeries? Well, we're still sue-ing him - in fact, I have another meeting with our lawyers tomorrow. I heard this morning that he's just got out of hospital after 10 days with a heart attack. Friend or foe, that news would normally produce some sympathy at least, but I have to admit that my first thought was "is it true?" - or is it just another of the many scams and webs he weaves? Is this shameful of me - or just a typical reaction from bitter experience?

Anyway, Lucy - here's the photo of me in my kilt that you asked for. It's from January, 2001 when Jo and I were at Gleneagles for a Clydesdale Bank ceilidh:


No comments:

Blog Archive