Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Short day

Squash was good fun last night and there was still some Xmas pud left when I got home - great! We watched QI - probably our favourite quiz/comedy, then Mock the Week - 2 good belly laugh programmes.

Today was also short - my car had to be picked up at Arnold Clark - I had taken the pool car home yesterday - so I got a lift over with one of the girls who lives at Cove. That left me with plenty of time - to fill the car with diesel, get a haircut, get my driving glasses fixed, set up a new optician's appointment - and still be home before 4pm - Jo was a bit surprised to see me.

Got some meetings in Glasgow on Friday morning so have to head down there on Thursday - not ideal, as I have to head north to Fraserburgh first. Jo took pity on me and has offered to come with me to do some of the driving.

I'm almost at the end of the lengthy audiobook Jazz - a history of jazz in the 20th century. I'm simultaneously trying to finish Stuart Maconie's book Cider with Roadies. Colin gave it to me and I started to read it on my way to Florida. He and I both bought different Maconie books when we went to hear him at Pitlochry early this year - both are signed - I gave mine to Kelly, who's a fan.

I've also had the Pink Floyd biography from Harry for several months - and haven't even opened it yet. Need to read it soon and return it to him.

We've got another headbang coming up in a few weeks and I'm working on the categories now. Of course, we'll start with the usual Obituary spot - Levi Stubbs and Mitch Mitchell featuring this time - then I'm thinking of repeating a few of the features (with videos so far unseen) from our last show:

Blues Legends
Corny Country
Festival Rock
Original and Cover
Then and Now

Followed by some new features:

Family Favourites
Father and Son
Guitar Heroes
Jock Rock
Secret Pleasures
Rock Chicks
Soul of Stax

No comments:

Blog Archive