Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 August 2008

Wet August!

Heavy overnight rain has again closed our golf course, so it's looking a bit dodgy for tomorrow night. Forecast is to get better - hopefully Edinburgh will be OK this weekend - and next week too - I've got a ton of golf coming on again! I've got the weekend off of course, but then I have a tie to play at Torphins on Monday and on Wednesday, it's the last night of our Summer Quaich competition - after that, it's already too dark to get a full round in after work - the long slippery slide in to winter starts here! Next weekend, we've got the Terry Edmonds Memorial Trophy at Aboyne on the Friday - it'll be 7 years this coming Christmas since he died - then it's our Boat of Garten weekend.
Without wishing to bore you all further with more golf tales, an amusing item arrived through the post yesterday:


At first, I was inclined to dismiss it as I thought it was just another scam asking for money under false pretences. However, I had second thoughts and donned my reading glasses - I didn't recognise the vehicle nor its registration - and why did it come from Worcester? Being in 2 languages also threw me for a bit and then I twigged it - the date of the offence was 28th February when we were in South Africa!
No idea who was driving that day - it could have been any one of Malcolm, Harry, Syd or I. The fine is a whopping 100 rands - about £7! I thought I had better try and pay it as I want to go back there some time - possibly next year. The problem is how? I tried to register for their Easy Pay system on the internet, but it doesn't accept foreign credit cards!
Luca was as good as gold last night - he went down without a whimper and, apart from a slight stirring early this morning, he slept through the night and was just coming round as I headed off to work this morning. Gary enjoyed the Dark Knight and reckons Heath Ledger is a shoe-in for the Oscar.

No comments:

Blog Archive