Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Tired Monday

Having seen Kelly and Craig off early in the morning, we were glad to be having a quiet evening. I didn't arrange my usual Monday squash and we just vegetated. Other than speaking to Kelly on the phone - they got home by 5:00 pm - time enough for a "cheeky wee surf" - and booking the train down to Edinburgh on Friday, we didn't do anything other than a bit of Corrie watching.

I'm getting near the end of my Geoff Emerick book and my next audiobook will be Steve Martin's - I cut a few CD's of this for Kelly and Craig to listen to on their journey south yesterday - she said it sounded pretty cool.

Tonight we have Luca staying over. Gary and Carole are going to see the Dark Knight and Carole has some things to do tomorrow so Jo had arranged to babysit then anyway. Other than that and golf on Thursday evening (weather permitting - the course is closed again today!), there's nothing much until our hectic weekend at the Fringe coming up. Here's our schedule:

Friday 22 Aug
16:30 – Clive James in Conversation
18:00 – News Revue
20:35 – Bessie Smith – A Tribute to the Empress of the Blues
23:00 – Geno Washington & the Ram Jam Band

Saturday 23 Aug
10:00 – Foodies at the Festival with top Scottish Chefs
17:00 – Kidnapped: When Kilts were banned
19:30 – Old Town Literary Pub Crawl

Sunday 24 Aug
12:00 – Soweto Gospel Choir in Concert

and Gary - no, I can't think who is the biggest band of the noughties - but then again, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Kelly and I happen to like the Raconteurs, but they're still a bit of a side project for JW. Like her or not, however, I'm afraid Amy Winehouse is probably one of the biggest acts (not a band as such)!

No comments:

Blog Archive