Total Pageviews

Monday 16 June 2008

Monday + Luca video

First of all, a short video of Luca playing with his toys and studiously avoiding the camera yesterday:

I went to my appointment with the cardiologist this morning - a different one this time. I'd expected just a chat, but he decided to do a full ECG, plus stress test (too early for me!) and did a scan of my heart as well, so I felt I got full attention and my money's worth!

I made him aware of my aversion to Warfarin and he thought it probably wouldn't be necessary - yet - although as I got nearer 65, I would probably have to go on it. The stress test showed my heart rate reaching very high levels (240) under maximum pressure - but he said apart from that, my heart seemed to be functioning OK. He did think it might be a good idea for me to give up squash now - but I tried to argue that squash now is not so pressurised - we're all getting older and slower and when we get tired we just play a bad shot and end the rally!

Anyway, he wants me to take on a 24 hour monitor and so I'm going back tomorrow morning to have it fitted. He wanted to see how my heart performed during a normal day, including a spell at the gym. Only problem is you can't shower with it on and sleeping's very difficult as well.

The US Open was great last night - even although I finally fell asleep about 1:30 am, I think. Watched the finish this morning and I'll see the latter stages of the play-off tonight after golf.

No comments:

Blog Archive