Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 June 2008

The week so far

Played the 3rd and final round of the Seniors Club Championship on Monday evening - finally put in a decent performance and actually had the best score on the day (although well off the aggregate).

Got fitted with the heart monitor on Tuesday morning and have now taken it off and am about to return it to Albyn. The cardiologist is off on holiday so I won't hear any more for a couple of weeks anyway. It wasn't too bad to wear - I did a short session at Bannatyne's as he suggested I should, and I played golf last night with it on. Even sleeping was OK - the only real downside is not being able to take a shower.

I also had my best round in our weekly Summer Quaich last night - gross 74 for 40 points - and I won! Photo to follow.

OK, that's enough of golf for now - you can all wake up again - it's safe to read on.

Jo finally got the answer from the Council officials last week re her request for early retirement - they would not recommend it to the councillors as she would have to be replaced and there was therefore no cost saving. We told them to put the request forward anyway - no harm done - if they don't accept it and offer enhanced pension, then we're no worse off - she just resigns anyway. Looking forward to getting my wife back again - can't you see it? - Jo Stewart, domestic goddess!

No comments:

Blog Archive