Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 May 2008

Wednesday midweek

Just missed Carole on the phone yesterday but spoke to Gary - and I've arranged to go out to Inverurie this afternoon on my way back from Fraserburgh - he's off work babysitting Luca.

Golf last night - a little damp, but not too bad - the rain from the south finally arrived and thankfully has passed through again overnight. Shot a net 69 in the 1st round proper of the Riverston Cup and I'm in the lead - can't wait until the 2nd and final round tomorrow (Friday).

Got home and spoke to Barry and then Dawn. Looks like they are going to try to take him to Erskine on Monday. I thought long and hard about whether I should be there too, but then remembered what it was like the last time we were all there - Dad could sense something was going on, but he wasn't sure what - and he ended up going in to his shell and went to bed and wouldn't get up again.

Barry and Dawn agree and so they will try themselves on Monday - it all depends if it's a good day or a bad day for Dad. Dawn made an interesting comment last night about Dad going in to Erskine - she agreed it was better for his safety, but would he be happy? She said he seems quite content just now - the dementia is getting worse and he just sits and laughs rather than chats now. So what's right? Is the priority now his safety or his happiness? Wish I knew the answer.

After Inverurie this afternoon, I'm heading to Tarland for a Deeside league match - lovely place and I'm looking forward to playing there again.

No comments:

Blog Archive