Total Pageviews

Friday 30 May 2008

Thursday afternoon/Friday morning

I have to be very careful with the titles to my daily blog - Jo got all confused last night when she read yesterday's posting, which was titled Wednesday. It was, of course, written on Thursday but was about what happened the day before (as well as plans for the rest of the day). "Why didn't you tell me last night what Luca was like?" was the remark that greeted me when I got home late from golf in beautiful Tarland - I had only just been to see Luca and Gary that afternoon!
Anyway, this what he looked like the day after his laser surgery - he was playing very happily with Gary when I walked up the path and knocked on the front window. He's fine and the bruising that Gary talked about had gone and been replaced by large red spots - a little unsightly but not at all painful apparently:

He was in good form and really enjoyed playing with his new indoor slide - the only problem is that he hasn't learned yet how to get up the two steps himself and has to be lifted on and off - incessantly! When Gary eventually stopped, exhausted, Luca started to sob - a sound I haven't heard too often from him:

Incidentally, Gary told me he's going to the doctor next week to get prescribed with pills to stop smoking! He's tried everything else he reckons and they've all failed.

Talking about health, my medical on Tuesday was a little bit farcical when it came to the handheld machine they use to assess body fat %. The result came out at almost 30% - I said it can't be, so she did it again - with the same result! When I was then taken through to see the doctor, she spotted that I had apparently "shrunk" by 3cms since my last visit there - yes, the nurse had measured my height incorrectly and this affects the calculation! Another measurement followed and this time it came out at almost 27% - I still felt this was wrong, but decided just to leave it.

Yesterday, I decided to check my previous medical records, plus the assessments I get at Bannatyne's, who do the measurement using electrodes fitted to ankle and wrist. Four separate assessments at Bannatyne's, the most recent being just last month, consistently came out between 23% and 24%. Indeed Albyn's previous medical report came out at 23.3%. Something wrong here, I think.

No comments:

Blog Archive