Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 June 2008

The weekend so far

I played the second round of the Riverston Cup on Friday - and I had the trophy in my mitts as I stood on the 18th tee - I then sliced one out of bounds and finished with a horrendous 7 - I lost the trophy by just one stroke after this - as the footballers would say - sick as a parrot!

We had beers in the golf club and I then walked home past the War Memorial taking in the wonderful summer evening light - it was about 10:30 when I took this rather blurry photo - but it gives you some idea of how light it was:


On Saturday, I was up and off to golf before anyone else had stirred but when I got back, the house was empty although all the cars were there. I had lunch alone and waited - eventually Jo and Ross appeared - Ross had taken Jo to the supermarket in his new BMW that he had just bought - it had just one previous owner - the Duke of Sutherland!:

We had a surprise visit from Gary and Luca and we went out the back, where Luca was quick to run off and climb up to the highest point:


Back in the house, we placed a Skype webcam call to the Lesinas who were breakfasting. Gary said he would pop in to Tesco and buy a webcam himself - so come on Kelly and Craig - you can do it too!
It was a gorgeous evening and Jo and I walked over to the golf club and had beers on the balcony - Colin joined us but Johanne stayed home as she wasn't feeling so good. We walked home along the 1st and 2nd fairways in the warm evening sun - lovely!

No comments:

Blog Archive