Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 March 2007

Sunday - Tuesday 25-27 Mar 07

The clocks going forward at the weekend signalled the start of the golf season and we made the most of the excellent early season weather. Eight of us played on Sunday morning at Banchory in what was officially the last week of our Winter Grand Prix competition, although it felt more like spring and the trees are beginning to blossom as can be seen here.

It was the end of season finals at the squash club in the afternoon and, despite some deep foreboding in the air that this might be the last one held at our existing location, there was a good turnout to view the matches. For the first time for a number of years, I was a mere onlooker, but at least I was able to enjoy watching the matches.
The forecast for the next couple of days was for the good weather to continue and so I booked a time for Monday evening after work and 5 of us played on a lovely evening. I even managed to put in to practice some of the things I had been taught at my lesson on Saturday - wonders will never cease! We made a quick pit stop at the Legion afterwards and I was delighted to see they had Young's Special on - one of my all-time favourites, which I had fond memories of from many lunchtime visits to the Guinea Grill at the back of Berkeley Square, when I worked for Black & White whisky in London in the mid 1970's.

Tuesday was equally good, but I decided to give golf a miss and put in some time at the gym.
















No comments:

Blog Archive