Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 July 2019

Flights booked!

Well, we've now done it - we've booked our flights to Oz next year:


Now that bit's done and we're committed to these dates, we can now start to think about what else we might do when we're there. Perhaps Bali, where Kelly, Chris and the boys recently celebrated Kelly's birthday? Marriott have a place there and we might spend some time there in the middle of our 6 week break - https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dpsmv-marriotts-bali-nusa-dua-gardens/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

One slight downside is that Emirates have stopped doing free chauffeur drive so we are going to have to figure something else out.

In other news, Luca and Carole got back last night from their little trip to Lincoln to catch up with Carole's family. Luca's next little break is next week in Banchory with us.

I didn't get any more phone calls from my GP, so I'm assuming the results from my thyroid blood test were OK.

Summer's still not here although it has been a bit warmer recently but unfortunately this also brought some heavy downpours plus thunder and lightning. We got a bit of a soaking on Wednesday afternoon and we were due to go to Edzell on Thursday but a Met Office weather warning led to us postponing this trip to this coming Friday - hope it's better then.

It was better yesterday when we went cycling up the Tarland Way, accidentally including the climb up to Queen's View - and I didn't have my e-bike with me either - pity!

Problems with our dishwasher - the drain's clogged and we've cleared all the filters etc but still not solved the problem. Hope we don't have to call a plumber in.

Tomorrow we're going round to the Cooks to help Archie and Eileen celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

This morning (Saturday), one of my fellow DJ's gave me a dedication on his Saturday morning show on River Dee Radio - Chuck's Choice. He has a regular spot on his show - The First Record I Ever Bought - and it was mine. you can listen to it now on the podcast from 9 mins 46 sec onwards - https://www.mixcloud.com/River_Dee_Radio/chucks-mix-of-50s-and-60s-hits-plus-your-requests-and-first-records-ever-bought/?utm_campaign=notification_new_upload&utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_content=html

Mum and Dad bribed me that, if I passed my highers - which I did - they would buy me a record player. They also bought me some singles to go with it, but I think the one that Chuck played on his show today was the first one I ever paid for myself 54 years ago.

No comments:

Blog Archive