Total Pageviews

Thursday 25 February 2016

Penultimate days

Just over a day left down here now - our flight leaves at 10:35 pm on Friday night and we get picked up from Kelly's house at 7:35 pm.

Jo wasn't feeling too bright on Tuesday so we just stayed at the house. I walked along to get some shopping but that was the only time either of us left the premises. It was hot again - I was bathed in sweat when I got back from the shops.

Wednesday, of course, is Kelly's day off and, after she'd been to gym and I'd been for a cycle, she took us for a run down to the lovely McLaren Vale area. Wineries everywhere but we chose just one for a sampling - D'Arenberg (http://www.darenberg.com.au/) - after which we had a lovely lunch at the old Salopian Inn (http://salopian.com.au/) where the bread, in particular - baked on the premises - was terrific and reminded Jo of our holidays in France back in the 70's.

We managed a quick pit stop at Goodieson Brewery (https://www.goodiesonbrewery.com.au/) where we did the usual samples and had a chat with the owner. Miller was getting a little antsy by this time and so we sped back home and got his playpool out. Once he was finished with that, I wrapped one of his many dressing gowns round him:


Today (Thursday), I decided it was about time I actually had a (full) round of golf. Chris was good enough to give up his car for the day so I drove down to West Lakes and managed to squeeze in about 9 am. It was slow and there was a lot of waiting around but I had a good time and enjoyed it:

This afternoon, Jo and I took the advantage of having the car and drove down to Glenelg for a return nostalgia trip - it's where we stayed when we first came to Oz a few years ago. We had a quick wander round then stopped for coffee at the marina:


That's it for now. It's 5 pm now - and you know what that means. I'm off for a beer.

No comments:

Blog Archive