Total Pageviews

Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas!

Hope you're all having a good one. I'm temporarily home alone as Jo is at church, but I've got my instructions - oven on at 10:40, turkey in at 11:00 am - job done!

We've been on FaceTime with the Aussie branch of the clan this morning at the end of their Christmas celebrations in the sun. Kelly is looking healthy:


After a break of nearly 40 years, I've started to dabble with home brewing again - using a Cooper's (of Adelaide) kit coincidentally. It's in the utility room, just above the boiler to try and keep it at the correct 21-23 C temperature, but it's fallen to just 18 C so I've had to put some claddding on and install a heater in there temporarily:


Apart from monitoring the temperature daily, my next task is on Tuesday when I have to check the specific gravity. Once that's stable, it's ready to drink - or bottle. It doesn't look very wholesome just now, but it should clear - fingers crossed.

Gary, Carole and Luca will be over early afternoon - in time for Top of the Pops, says Gary and Ross is picking up Lizzie from her work at 2 pm and they'll be in after that. Looking forward to it - and no doubt we'll FT with Lucy later on.

No comments:

Blog Archive