Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 November 2015

Thursday blog

It's Carole's birthday today - happy birthday, girl! Here she is, doing what she loves:


Well, I've got my car back finally. The BMW computer didn't detect any faults either, but the mechanics noticed a bit of wear on the drive shaft and the ABS sensors had to be replaced - and moved slightly. A bit more expensive than I would have liked but a lot cheaper than totally replacing the drive shaft. Now the decision I have to make is do I keep the car and just run it in to the ground, or should I replace it now? It's 6 years old and has done 105,000 miles - but a 2 litre BMW diesel should go on for a long time yet.

I've been thinking about my bike as well. The one I bought second hand recently is a step up from my old 40 + year old bike - better brakes, more gears, front suspension - but it's got fat, really heavy duty tyres and the type of cycling we do is partly off-road but also on tarmac on quiet country roads and lanes. I'm wondering whether a hybrid with narrower tyres might be more suitable for some of the rides - perhaps I'll pick up a second hand one somewhere - ideally one a fraction larger than the one I have.

Yesterday the weather forecasters got it wrong and the threatened rain never appeared. Having spent the previous 3 or 4 days in the house, I was getting a bit stir crazy so I took the opportunity to go for a solo cycle, with a little diversion down by the Dee:


I finished Ross' book - "The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared" - better than the film. Talking of Ross, he's bought himself a little car to get back and forward to work during the winter. Hope he doesn't abandon the bike altogether.

Got the CAMRA quarterly newsletters to distribute - that'll get me out of the house if the weather makes cycling more difficult - as they're forecasting.

Series we're watching now - London Spy and The Last Panthers - and we've now started with House of Cards as well. Also recording the latest series of Homeland, but Jo's lost interest in that now - and also the second series of Legacy, which has been lying in our Sky Planner for months now - along with several series of The Sopranos and Mad Men. Need to get them watched soon. This is the time of year for watching TV.

I have also completed what may be the penultimate episode of my Chronicles - it would be good to finish it before Christmas - it's taken me four and a half years already (http://renshawschronicles.blogspot.co.uk/)

No comments:

Blog Archive